As a student, believe me, the idea of doing NaNoWriMo and doing everything else that I have to do is daunting. Yet, I’m doing it anyways…
Well, here are a few tips to balance NaNoWriMo and all of your schoolwork:
- Do all of your homework as soon as you get the chance. Don’t wait until late at night to start doing your homework. Start it as soon as you get the chance to sit down and work on it.
- After homework is done, set aside a certain amount of time to reach your word count goal for the day. Of course, it’s only natural that there’d be so many other things that you’d like to do, but you’ve got to get to 50,000 by the end of the month, so writing is going to be towards the top of your list of priorities.
- Take breaks. Taking breaks is literally so important! Don’t just do your homework and throw yourself into writing for the rest of the day! Take a break and play a game or something. Maybe you want to go out with your friends for a little while.
- Whenever you have extra time to do so, write over your word count so that you don’t have to worry about missing a day or not quite meeting your word count. Essentially, get ahead of schedule. Have some extra time over the weekends? Write extra. When you don’t have any time to write, you’ll be happy you did so.
- Have fun. If you’re having fun, it’ll be much easier to want to write. So have fun!