1. You have to get rid of all your books and you can only keep one from each of these genres: contemporary, fantasy, non-fiction and one other genre of your choosing. What books do you keep?
- Contemporary: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Fantasy: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Non-Fiction: Citizens: A Chronicle of the French Revolution by Simon Schama
- Genre of my choice: Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
2. You’re at the bookstore and you hear a teenager telling their mom they don’t like to read, but their mom insists they pick something. You walk over and recommend a book you think is great for people who aren’t big on reading – what book is it?
I would recommend that they pick up Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. It’s a short book and it draws you in immediately. Plus, Bradbury’s writing style is beautiful.
3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which book do you read to put yourself in a great mood?
My Lady Jane by Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, and Jodi Meadows. This book could really apply for the question prior to this one as well, but I saved it for this question because it’s hilarious and it can get me to smile any time.
4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years. What book would you most likely have caught yourself reading?
Probably Clockwork Princess or one of the other books in The Infernal Devices trilogy.
5. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day trip and you have 1 hour to pack. Which book do you bring to read on the way?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. It’s a really easy, fun read, and I feel like I’d be able to finish reading it in that time period.
6. Your house has been robbed! Don’t worry – everyone is safe, but your bookshelf has been raided. What’s the book you really hope is safe?
Les Misérables. If that book is fine, I’ll probably be good.
7. Your friend borrows a book and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs
Er… probably B or maybe A. It depends on the book and how bad is “awful condition”.