I finally perfected my NaNoWriMo playlist for this year. Funnily enough, I’m planning on meeting 50,000 today. Oh well. ‘Tis life!
My playlist this year is comprised entirely of songs from the German musicals Tanz de Vampire and Elisabeth. If you prefer to listen to music without lyrics when you’re writing because the lyrics are distracting, I think that listening to music with lyrics in a foreign language (one that you don’t know very well) might work. Personally, I know quite a bit of German but I don’t find the lyrics distracting at all. So it might be a good alternative!
Anyhow, I thought that I might share the songs that I’ve been listening to just in case people are interested:
- “Draußen ist Freiheit” (“Out there is Freedom”) from Tanz der Vampire
- “Totale Finsternis” (“Total Darkness”) from Tanz der Vampir
- “Der Schleier Fällt” (“The Veil Descends”) from Elisabeth
- “Ich Gehör Nur Mir” (“I Belong to Me”) from Elisabeth
- “Wenn Ich Tanzen Will” (“When I Want to Dance”) from Elisabeth
- “Nie Geseh’n” (“Never Seen”) from Tanz der Vampire
- “Einladung Zum Ball” (“Invitation to the Ball”) from Tanz der Vampire
- “Der Letzte Tanz” (“The Last Dance”) from Elisabeth
- “Die Schatten Werden Länger” (“The Shadows are Getting Longer”) from Elisabeth
*Note: My favorite versions of the Tanz der Vampire songs are the ones with Steve Barton as Count Krolock and my favorites for Elisabeth have Mark Seibert and Annemieke van Dam.