It’s the end of the year and that only means one thing: it’s about time to be putting together my 2016 writing portfolio. I talked about my writing portfolio system in this blogpost. So I thought that I would talk about some of the pieces that I want to put into said portfolio. Although I am very proud of Clemency, my novel, I will not be putting it into my portfolio because it is almost utterly unedited… as of this moment.
- Anika Köhler
- This is what gave me motivation to start writing my new novel which is also called Anika Köhler. Of course, though, it only keeps the heart of this story. But, nonetheless, I’m pretty proud of this, so I’m going to put it in my portfolio.
- I’m Here When You Need Me
- Today, I read this piece and, despite the fact that I was pretty sure that I hated this piece. But… the reception of it in my reading circle was surprisingly phenomenal. So, I’m going to put it in my portfolio.
- Raised by Characters
- This was a poem that I wrote, taking the structure of “Raised by Women” as inspiration. I based it entirely around fictional characters that have influenced my life. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out and so it’s going to go into my portfolio.
- Nothing Lasts Forever
- This was a short story that I wrote fairly recently. I just really like it. I feel like it was a little different than my usual style so I thin that it’s going into my portfolio for this year.
- Guilty… As Charged
- This is a short story that I’ve actually never shared but I really like it so… portfolio!
And for now, that’s all of my portfolio plans. Do you do a portfolio? If so, what are you going to be putting into your portfolio?