Hallo, leute! Ich bin sehr müde doch… hier ist ein neues post. Für dich!
Okay. There’s actually not much to say in regards to today. I’ve just kinda… not done much. I wrote about 500 words today so I’m kinda proud of that but at the same time, I’m hitting myself over the head for writing just 500. Yeah. I was hoping for at least 1000, but I guess that considering I had school today, getting halfway is more-or-less okay.
So, in Stolen Score, Allen and Mindy are starting to evolve their play. Min’s got her story and she’s flying off with it. It’s been really important to me to be following dialogue and building up character bonds because that’s been pulling me out of writing slumps. I live for those interactions, especially between Min and Allen because sometimes they can be downright ridiculous.
But other than dialogue, what’s been pulling me through? Good question. And I think that the correct answer to that is well… music. I love, love, love music and so, it’s little to no surprise that music’s been important to me already at this point in Camp NaNo. What’ve I been listening to? Well… good question. It’s been a lot of German showtunes—if it’s not originally in German, I get the German translation. Something about the German language and writing just clicks with me. I don’t know what it is.
I think I’ve finally found Mindy’s “theme song” and that’s been pretty fun. If Min were to have a theme song it would be “Geschichten” (“Stories”) from BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: THE ENCHANTED CHRISTMAS. Seriously. It’s perfect. For Allen? “Ganz Nah Dran” (“I’m Almost There”) from THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG. But… overall, here are a few songs that have been super important to me this NaNo.
· “Geschichten” (Stories) from BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: THE ENCHANTED CHRISTMAS
· “Alive” from JEKYLL & HYDE
· “This is the Moment” from JEKYLL & HYDE
· “Reflection” from A TALE OF TWO CITIES
· “Finale / I Can’t Recall Reprise” from A TALE OF TWO CITIES
· “Rudolf, wo bist du / Totenklage” (Rudolf, Where are You / Death Sentence) from ELISABETH
· “Wenn ich tanzen will” (If I Want to Dance) from ELISABETH
· “Alle tanzten mit dem Tod” (Everyone Has Danced With Death) from ELISABETH
· “Der Schleier fällt” (The Veil Descends) from ELISABETH
· “Einladung Zum Ball” (Invitation to the Ball) from TANZ DER VAMPIRE
· “Totale Finsternis” (Total Darkness, or as you might know it “Total Eclipse of the Heart”) from TANZ DER VAMPIRE
· “Draußen ist Freiheit” (Out There is Freedom) from TANZ DER VAMPIRE
· “Träum groß” (Dream Big) from SCHIKANEDER
· “Ich hab’ geträumt vor länger Zeit” (I Dreamed a Dream) from LES MISÉRABLES
· “Bring ihn Heim” (Bring Him Home) from LES MISÉRABLES
· “Elisabeth, mach auf [mein Engel]” (Elisabeth, My Angel, Open Up) from ELISABETH
· “Wie Du” (Like You) from ELISABETH
· “Ich gehör nur Mir” (I Belong to Me) from ELISABETH
· “Das Phantom der Oper” from THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
· “Denk a Mich” (Think of Me) from THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
· “Too Much in Love to Care” from SUNSET BOULEVARD
· “Tell Me On a Sunday” from SONG AND DANCE
· “Grizabella, the Glamour Cat” from CATS
· “As Good as You” from JANE EYRE
· “Feed the Birds / Tuppence a Bag” from MARY POPPINS
· “If I Didn’t Believe in You” from THE LAST FIVE YEARS
· “To Thine Own Self Be True” from SOMETHING ROTTEN!
· “Right Hand Man” from SOMETHING ROTTEN!
· “Paris / Look Down” from LES MISÉRABLES
· “No One is Alone” from INTO THE WOODS
· “Lass mich nicht dich leben” (Don’t Let Me Love You) from DRACULA
· “His Work, Nothing More” from JEKYLL & HYDE
Okay, that’s enough of my writing playlist… I could go on and on forever. Literally, I could. But… I’ll leave that at that. Anyways. Hoping for a better writing day for tomorrow and hopefully more to report tomorrow! Also, look out for a review of books 1-3 of The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer! I’m late to this whole fandom, but man, I’m loving it! Vielen dank und tschüss!